My little travel blog has been awarded a Liebster Award, exactly two weeks after I first published my ramblings about my travels. It’s so nice to know that people are actually interested in some of my travelling stories and this place isn’t just a page on the internet where my wanderlust can explode quietly in a confined space.
As part of the award I’ve been offered a set of questions by the ever lovely Stephanie over at The Wandering Hippy:
1. What is your biggest fear? My biggest fear is climbing; not heights, I’m fine with heights. I’ve paraglided over the alps, I’ve climbed mountains, volcanoes, several hills and ladders (…you get my drift). But I hate climbing, my body turns to jelly, my heartrate quickens, I come out in a cold sweat. But! I do climb, I believe if you’re scared of something then you’ve got to comfront it “There is nothing to fear but fear itself” or something along those lines. That doesn’t mean that I enjoy any of it, but I never regreat it either.
2. If you knew you could never fail, what would you do? Become a freelance travel writer and photographer. I’d love to get paid to do what I love, to be able to spend a long time exploring each country finding out all of its secrets.
3. What 3 items would you take to a dessert island? Books, specifically one about how to survive on a dessert island; music and a boat.
4. What is your favourite food? Thai, spicy and fresh, what’s not to love?!
5. What are your three worst personality traits? I suffer with anxiety, I am easily distracted and I am ridiculously subborn.
6. If you had to relocate to a different country, which would it be and why? Australia – Excellent city and town life, amazing beaches, rainforest, mountains, outback; it has everything!
7. If you could have a superpower what would it be what would you do with it? I’d be able to transport myself to anywhere I wanted in a matter of seconds.
8. Which alcoholic beverage describes you best and why? Fruity Cider – I am okay in any situation, but best in the sun with friends.
9. What is your dream job? See answer two. 🙂
10. What is the last book you read? Strange Bodies by Marcel Theroux
11. To stay and never leave, or to leave and never come back? Leave and never come back, however, I am excellent at keeping in contact with everyone when I travel.
Thanks again for the shout out Stephanie, my day has offically been made! Keep yo’ eyes peeled for my next post about what happened when I faced my fear and climbed a volcano.